Employees and workers
The definition of a ‘worker’ includes any person who carries out work for a ‘person conducting a business or undertaking’ (PCBU – the new term that includes employers).
This term ‘worker’ includes any person who works as an:
- work experience student
- contractor or sub contractor
- employees of a contractor or sub-contractor
- employee of a labour hire company assigned to work for a PCBU.
Duties of a worker
A worker must, while at work:
- take reasonable care for their own health and safety
- take reasonable care for the health and safety of others
- comply with any reasonable instruction by the PCBU
- cooperate with any reasonable policies and procedures of the PCBU.